Home Page Home Page Newsletter Contact Us Get A Quote Personal Insurance Business Insurance Life Insurance
Get A Quote


            If a tree on your neighbor’s property were to fall and damage your home or automobile, who would pay for the damage? Many home and car owners assume that their neighbor’s policy would cover the costs. However, the fact of the matter is that the neighbor’s policy would only pay for the damage caused by a fallen tree if it were obviously rotted or dead before it fell. If so, that would make it a “neglected hazard.” Otherwise, your homeowners policy would take care of the damage sustained by your home, and your automobile policy would cover your vehicle whether or not the tree that caused the damage was your neighbor’s or your own.






NOTE: It pays to have trees on your property inspected by an experienced arborist, who can also give a visually based assessment of your neighbors’ trees.

Posted 3:03 PM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013
  • 2012

View Mobile Version
JED Insurance and Financial Service Agency, Inc I 30 Mechanic St. Ste 5 I Foxborough, MA 02035                                                 Powered by Insurance Website Builder
Privacy Policy  &  Terms of Use     


© Copyright 2013 J.E.D. Insurance and Financial Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved.



Home Page About Us Our Services Newsletter Get A Quote Contact Us Home Page Like us on Facebook LinkedIn