Home Page Home Page Newsletter Contact Us Get A Quote Personal Insurance Business Insurance Life Insurance
Get A Quote

                Insurance coverage for earthquakes is similar to that for floods, meaning that it’s excluded from a homeowners policy. As with flood insurance, earthquake insurance must be purchased as a separate policy. Those considering this option may want to consult with the U.S. Geological Survey’s seismic-zone maps for their local areas. Zones are labeled from 1 to 4 on the basis of how severe a seismic event could potentially be. While homeowners along the west coast of this country may not be surprised to learn they live in an area that has a high probability of experiencing an earthquake, those in other areas may not be sufficiently familiar with just how likely it is that an earthquake might occur.


NOTE: Rental insurance does not cover damage from earthquakes.

Posted 12:49 PM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013
  • 2012

View Mobile Version
JED Insurance and Financial Service Agency, Inc I 30 Mechanic St. Ste 5 I Foxborough, MA 02035                                                 Powered by Insurance Website Builder
Privacy Policy  &  Terms of Use     


© Copyright 2013 J.E.D. Insurance and Financial Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved.



Home Page About Us Our Services Newsletter Get A Quote Contact Us Home Page Like us on Facebook LinkedIn